Thursday, July 30, 2015

Alone I Am Weak

How many of you have ever felt weak? Well, today I did. I was at work and for some reason, I just wasn't feeling myself. I felt emotionless and the urge to cry. I had to clock in soon, but the lump in my throat wouldn't go away. I physically and emotionally felt weak. I wanted to go home and cry, but I knew that wasn't an option.

I quickly said a prayer- that God would provide me with the strength to make it through my shift. And as usual, He didn't fail to answer me. I clocked in and within a little while, I was keeping busy in the drive thru. I had a good time working with some of my favorite coworkers, and by the end of the night, I headed home with a smile on my face.

God is strong when we are weak. He will pick us up out of the roaring ocean and take us to shore. But only if we are willing to let Him. As an independent teenager, I know that a lot of the time I want to overcome things on my own. But alone we are weak. It's okay to ask for help. It's okay to take the hand that God offers us when it's all just too much. With Him at our side, we are able to overcome everything that life throws our way.

I would also like to let all of you know that if you ever need anything, feel free to shoot me an email or DM me on Twitter, and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I know what it's like to feel like there's nobody- but I promise that there is!

"I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the Lord who is worthy to be praised." -Psalm 18:2-3a

Blessings to all of you,
Marissa Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment