Sunday, August 16, 2015

Communication

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I've been a little busy! But I have some super great thoughts for tonight.

How many times a day do you send texts? I for one, send countless amounts. It's how we communicate with our friends.

Now how many times a day do we communicate with God? Today I learned that communication is how we build relationships. And it's true. How do we make friends without talking to them? And the more we talk the stronger our friendship becomes. And it's the same with God. Through prayer.

Lately, I've been doing so much more praying. It truly makes me feel better. And knowing that it's strengthening my relationship with God is just an added bonus! The best part is, is that it doesn't even take that long. I talk to God many times throughout the day. Usually it's just a quick, "Help me through the day Lord." or something simple like that. If I'm nervous about a test I'll quick ask that He calms my nerves and allows me to do well.

Communication is extremely important in today's society. For example, had my parents had better communication, perhaps they wouldn't be where they are now. Communication can even be as simplistic as cars using their directionals (To all my driving and soon-to-be driving viewers, PLEASE use them!) 

To summarize, prayer is extremely important and useful. I encourage all of you to start making a prayer request list if it helps you pray or start a prayer group. Or even putting a little reminder on your phone to take a few minutes to tell God all about your day. He LOVES to hear from you! He wants to know everything about His children. What they hope for, what they're upset about, and even how their day was! God is your 24/7 "I need somebody to talk to hotline". He's always there.

And so am I! Well, not as much as God, but you get the idea. As always, feel free to contact me with any feedback.

Feel free to communicate- with God and me!
Marissa Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment