Saturday, August 1, 2015

Forgiveness

Today my mom and I went driving and shopping and had a fabulous day. Unfortunately, yesterday hadn't been so fabulous. We had an argument and I felt bad for a lot of the things I had said. I apologized but knew Mom would need some time. Of course, every morning is a new day and we ended up having a great day together. (Got lots of stuff for my birthday too!)

I know that a lot of times it can be extremely rough to forgive somebody. It was really hard for me to forgive my dad after everything that has happened. But when you look back on every sin you have ever committed- don't you feel a little guilty? There's probably plenty more that you can't even recall. Now multiply that by 7 billion (the population of the world). That's a lot of sins. And that's not even counting all the people before us! But God's love for us was so strong, that He forgave each and every one of those sins.

Isn't that amazing? We have a Creator who loves us enough to sacrifice His only Son for all of our sins. This really encourages me to do the same by forgiving those who sin against me. I'm also very happy that my mom found it in her heart to forgive me. Forgiveness is key to our lives as Christians. We should love as Christ first loved us, and forgive- just as Christ first forgave us.

"In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace." -Ephesians 1:7

I would also like to thank everyone once more for their support as I reached 500+ views on my blog!

Blessings on the rest of your evening,
Marissa Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment