Thursday, August 27, 2015

Identity

Hey guys, don't really have much for tonight, but I just wrote a nice essay for English class and about how I identify myself, so I decided I'd share it with all of you so you can get to know me a little better.


From the beginning, God started creating a plan and an identity for each and every person in the future. Each person’s identity provides them with distinct characteristics that makes them a unique individual. God blessed me with my own traits too, including my passion for music, intelligence, a driven attitude, and caring for others. I can also identify myself as a Native American and Christian.
I can boldly say that music has definitely helped shape me into the person that I am today. My love for music began the summer after 4th grade when I began playing the flute. I picked the instrument up quite easily and impressed my teachers. Only a few years later, I began playing the alto saxophone. It wasn’t until high school however, when I really felt a passion for this beautiful form of art. I have learned to appreciate music more, and play with more musicality, all thanks to my band director, Mr. Thiel. He helped me through the lowest points in my music career so far, and rejoiced with me when I accomplished great things. He keeps my spirits high when I am frustrated with a particular piece of music, and I am truly grateful for him.
Along with my passion for music, I consider myself to be quite intelligent. I was born as a premature baby with fetal alcohol syndrome, and yet grew up to exceed the expectations of my teachers. I have received excellent grades since the beginning of my education and I believe this to be a true blessing from God. Even though I was born so early, I still grew up to beat the odds that were against me.
While my academics are very important to me, I wouldn’t be where I am without my driven personality. I always try my best and I turn to my Heavenly Father to provide me with the necessary strength when things grow rough. Being driven has also helped out in my music career. When I struggle with a piece of music, I continue to try and perfect it. This facet of my identity is very useful in my everyday life.
Throughout my everyday life, I face many challenges. Most recently, I have been struggling with my depression and anxiety as my parents begin the process of their divorce. I am lucky enough to possess such an amazing faith in Jesus Christ, and I cannot imagine where I would be without Him by my side. This inspired me to start my own blog titled, Depressed But Blessed, which has now been in existence for a month. I feel that I should share my victories in Christ with others, so that they are able to trust in Him when they are struggling too. I truly care about those around me, and hope that this project ends up being successful for both myself and my viewers.
Along with my personality traits, I possess two collective traits that help define who I am. I am a half blooded Native American, which comes from my biological mother’s side of the family. I appreciate my ethnicity because it holds an exceptional history and even offers scholarships. Therefore, being Native American proves to be an advantage in my life, and I am proud to be a part of the Chippewa and Menominee heritage.
Lastly, I stand as a proud Christian. Christianity is by far the most important quality about me. It defines who I am the most and is the basis of my belief system, upon which I base my morals. My faith is the biggest blessing in my life, and therefore I enjoy being able to share such a great faith with others. I will continue to love because Christ has first loved me.
Each of these characteristics and personality traits come together to build my unique identity. I certainly would not be the same person if it wasn’t for music, a driven attitude, my excellence in academics, or my loving attitude towards others. I will continue to thank God for creating my unique self and loving me so greatly. Each characteristic is a blessing to me, and I hope that I can bless others by taking advantage of  each of them.

As always, hope you had a good day! God is good at ALL times.
Blessed by the best,
Marissa Mayer


    

No comments:

Post a Comment