Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Peace In The Chaos

So, I just finished setting up for my college course (Medical Terminology) through LTC, and needless to say, I'm extremely nervous. It's going to take a lot of work...along with everything I'm currently doing at school. But I'm also excited- on the road to becoming a doctor! 

And I understand that it's extremely easy to feel overwhelmed with stuff. School, work, and things at home. It can be incredibly hard to balance things out and find a good pattern for yourself to get into. But, once you do, things get a lot easier! I think it's also extremely important that we don't let these things get in the way of our relationship with God. In fact, I think that those may be the times when you need Him most! 

God is faithful. He always keeps His promises. He is steady when our world is shaky. He is our help in time of need. Today, in Christian Leadership, we read a really fantastic piece of scripture:

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." - 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Even when things get crazy and rough, He is our mighty fortress. Our source of peace. Another great verse is John 14:27, one of my Theology teachers showed me this verse last year when my depression rolled around:

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

In the chaos of life, we can always count on Christ to calm our fears, troubles, and anxiety. He has given us His peace. And we also can find His peace in the hope of eternal life with Him. 

May He comfort you with His peace,
Marissa Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment