Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Simplicity

I didn't have the best day, but it was still pretty good. Here's why...

I woke up and went to my manager's meeting this morning. God was sure to remind me how blessed I am to have my job. Afterwards my best friend and I ran some errands and then I went home. She made me smile today.

When I got home though, I just didn't feel good- emotionally. I understand that this is a rough time for my mom, but sometimes I feel smothered by the sadness. And with where I'm at, I don't want to have to feel like that all the way until this is over (which won't be until the beginning of next year). Believe me, I have no clue what this must feel like for my mom- really. No clue whatsoever. But watching her cry and be sad all the time is very upsetting to me. And it certainly doesn't make me feel any better.

I try to hang out with my dad more, because I need a parent to talk to sometimes, and I obviously don't want to disturb mom and make things worse for her. But it seems as though I can't be around my dad without it upsetting her. I'm beyond frustrated with things at this point because despite his mistakes, he is still my dad and I still need him in my life. I feel sorry for him too- because this isn't what he wants. I feel sorry for my mom too- she deserves better. I just can't seem to please everybody at this point and it's very irritating.

But anyways, back to where I was. I had a rough morning after my meeting. So after lunch my brother and I watched movies and after dinner we went four-wheeling and it was a good time. During the time I spent with my brother, I came to realize that while all of this stressful stuff is happening, I'm forgetting to appreciate some of the simplest things in life. Like spending the afternoon with my brother. And the beauty of His Creation. I've been so ignorant of everything around me because I've been so self-centered on this divorce mess and everything else.

A very eye-opening day for me. Always blessed. Always.

The simplest things are the best things,
Marissa Mayer


No comments:

Post a Comment