Monday, August 10, 2015

Take One For Yourself

This morning I went to the orientation for my new job and came to realize that it was all going to be way too stressful. I'm already going to be taking all of the advanced classes offered to me, doing band and dance team and working at Culver's as a manager in training. After orientation I cried the whole way home.

So, I blared my music and had my window down and sang as loudly as I could. I was frustrated and really needed to feel some peace. The timing for this job was all wrong. I contacted the head of my Youth Apprenticeship program and was able to get out of the commitment. I decided that staying with it would be unhealthy for me and my mental health. Thankfully, they understood.

After all of this, I felt this huge weight come off of my shoulders and I went to my counselor's appointment. She told me that it was good that I recognized this and did it for myself. And I think that's important too. Sometimes, you gotta give yourself a break. Slow down. You don't have to conquer the world all at once. Especially if it's only going to add to the stress.

It's good to do things for yourself sometimes. For me, I knew that this job had been a commitment but I couldn't do it in the middle of this divorce and everything else. It's okay to admit that life is rough and lighten your load. I'm so happy that I did that today. Taking a huge piece of work off my plate will allow me to feel much better this year.

Keeping all of you in my prayers. Much love to each and every one of you! xx

Saved by His sweet grace,
Marissa Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment