Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Too Much Too Fast

I drove myself to work today. I start my second job on Monday. I'm visiting Vanderbilt representatives in Milwaukee tonight. 

My question is: When did life speed up? When did it take a turn towards crazy?

I was by my dad today when he was working and he was quiet. Too quiet. Didn't say more than 2 words. His eyes were sad. My heart broke for him. He must have found out about the divorce.

I know that last night I blogged about how I want my mom to be happy- but that doesn't mean I want to watch my dad hurt either. He knows his mistakes hurt us. I just wish there was another way to heal our broken family. 

Personally, I'm struggling. God is allowing a lot on my plate and I'm feeling very weak. I ask for yet another prayer request: that I can find peace and healing.

One verse that I love in scripture is Jeremiah 29:11. (I'll let you guys look that one up for yourselves if you haven't read it yet...) God's plans are working for us...even though I can't see it right now, He has our best interest in mind. 

Wishing life would slow down a little,
Marissa Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment