Sunday, September 6, 2015

Best Friends

Hey guys! Super excited about today and feeling great! It's a little on the hot side out here today, but I'm going to the county fair with my best friend in a little bit and I'm beyond thrilled. Haven't seen her in a while and it'll be awesome to catch up.

This reminded me about how incredibly grateful I am for my best friend Megan.

I met Megan back in the fall of 2010 when we both transferred to private school. I wish I could tell you that there was a moment when we both knew we were best friends, but there really isn't. We've had our ups and downs but in all honesty, mostly ups. She's beautiful, smart, funny, loving, and most importantly, a sister in Christ. I don't know where I'd be if it wasn't for her. Megan has stuck with me through thick and thin, especially as I face a lot of struggles lately. And although she doesn't always know what to say, a simple "I love you", works the best. There were times when I thought I'd lose her, like when we went to different high schools, but we are still stuck like glue. We work together at Culver's and although there are times where I don't see her for a week or two, when we reunite it's as though nothing has changed. Her smile is infectious and I can see God working through her. He has such big plans for her and I love her to death.

If I had to use one word to describe my best friend it would easily be "blessing". Because that's what she's been in my life. She's like family to me, and I thank God for giving me somebody as wonderful as Megan. 

I hope that all of you have somebody like Megan in your life. And if you do, don't forget to thank God for them. He's blessed you with a sidekick to help you get through those rough patches in life. 

So Megan, if you read this, which I hope you do...I love you lots girl! Thanks for everything.

Blessed with the best best friend,
Marissa Mayer

P.S. Thanks for the 2.8K views!! Can we reach 3K by the end of the week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment