Friday, September 11, 2015

Frustrated

It's been both the worst and the best week.

I've made some stupid mistakes. I've suffered. I've also cried tears of joy and prayed prayers of thanks.

So good news: I made the secretary of band council, and I know how ridiculously silly that sounds, but I'm actually beyond thrilled to help my director do various things for our music program. I also made honors band! There are no words to describe how grateful I am for my music career.

On the flip side, I've had another anxiety attack and lost my ability to concentrate in school. I'm beyond stressed with homework and all of my classes. I'm watching everyone else around me move forward and I feel like I'm stuck behind. And nothing hurts more than watching your friends smile and laugh and succeed in all of their classes when you can't. When it's a struggle for me to finish my homework because I lack motivation. Tonight, I was taking my medical terminology exam and I've had barely any time to study all week and I got frustrated because I felt stupid.

It's easy to slip away and wonder where God is. But honestly, He was there the whole time. I didn't depend on Him when I should have, however I was quick to thank Him when the times were good. Usually, it's the other way around, but this week was different.

So for now, I'm just hoping this frustration will go away. Next week is homecoming week, so I'm just praying that I stay busy enough to keep my mind off everything.

Prayers for all of you- hope you all had a good week! Thanks for getting me up to 3,000 views!

He will provide His peace,
Marissa Mayer

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
 -Matthew 11:28-29

No comments:

Post a Comment