Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Impeccable Timing

Today at chapel, our guest speaker talked about how God is always there and always provides. I couldn't help but tear up because his words touched me.

I thought about those two times when I was just about to grab that bottle of pills. And how each time, my mom caught me.

Do you understand how odd it is that she caught me both times? It wasn't just luck or good timing. It was impeccably perfect timing. His timing. He saved me. It was nothing but a pure miracle. God has a plan for me. Even when I didn't have a plan for myself- or when I thought it was to end my own life. His love wins. It saves.

Throughout my battle, I wonder how I'd survive if I were an atheist. And I've come to the conclusion that I wouldn't. I would be no where without my God. And when God saved me in both of those times when I was weak and vulnerable to Satan's lies, I cannot imagine believing in anything but His divine purpose. It wasn't just chance- it was a plan. Sometimes, Christianity just seems like the obvious answer, and that's why I love being able to share this blog. To remind all of you that sometimes we are blinded by the lies of this world- that we can't fight anymore and we have to give up- but we can rest firm in His truth. And He has a plan not only for me, but for you too!

Hope all of you are having a good start back at school! 

Always in my prayers,
Marissa Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment