Friday, September 4, 2015

It's The Simple Stuff

Good morning! Guess what? It's FRIDAY! I'm super excited about finally reaching the end of the week- it's been a long one. However, I am going to be quite busy this weekend, so if I forget to post- that's why.

So I went to Starbucks this morning and decided to go in to get my mocha because I know the struggle of operating a drive thru- it can get hectic. Now, I've been to Starbucks multiple times and the workers there are so nice. They always smile and really make my morning better. Not to mention, they're making my coffee...

This really inspires me to be the same. The impact you have on those around you is so great. A simple smile or hello can honestly make somebody's day. As I sit in my school hallway writing this, I've been encouraged to talk with a few freshmen who walk by or say hi to somebody who I don't talk to a lot. Because who knows...they're all probably going through their own struggles too! Maybe I'm not the only kid in the school who is struggling with their parents' divorce. Or maybe one of them is suffering the loss of a loved one. You never know. You'll also never know just how much they might appreciate your positive attitude in their day. It makes me feel good knowing that I'm making other people's day a little better by spreading the love of Christ through my words and actions. Even through the simplest things- because He first loved us. Enough to die for each and every sin of this world.

Just trying to make this world a little happier,
Marissa Mayer

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you are also to love one another." -John 13:34

No comments:

Post a Comment