Saturday, October 31, 2015

Testing and Trials

Happy Saturday everyone! I know that I use the "busy" excuse a lot, but that's been my life lately. I hope that all of you have been doing well!

Recently, I've noticed some recent testing of my faith. I've had a "friend" of mine question the purpose of my blog and even my depression itself. He called me selfish, and it took a serious toll on me the other day. I broke down at school and was forced into the counselor's office.

My aunt also emailed me question my faith and my blog as well. Thankfully, I was able to clearly articulate my thoughts and feelings back in a respectful manner.

But both of these scenarios hurt me. People whom I respect and am fairly close to, suddenly questioning me. Through this, I was forced to question myself. It was most definitely hard to stand up for myself and defend my blog. Lots of crying...lots of praying. But thankfully, God provided me with strength to get through it.

The past two days, however, have been a little harder too. My best friend hasn't been very present in my life. I've slowly watched her choose her other friends and boyfriend over me. I've called when I've needed her and felt alone as she slowly tried to close the door. I kept my feelings locked up for awhile as it has been a few weeks now. But last night, it required confrontation. And it was extremely hard. Of course she denied everything I said, and made it look as though I was the one hurting her.

Today in Wisconsin it is very gloomy and rainy, which is extremely hard to feel good in. I don't know why, but I've been pushing tears back all day. I miss my old life. My old and happy self. Before all of these hardships, trials, and tests. I look at the people around me and wish I had their joy. It seems hard to find the light at the end of the tunnel.

BUT remember this. Christ is the light at the end of the tunnel. He has saved you. He is preparing a place for you in heaven. Is that not something to look forward to? These tests and trials are going to strengthen you- they are shaping you into a beautiful and strong Christian. He is using you. I found a ton of great bible verses to share:

"And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." 

-1 Peter 5:10

"Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him."

-James 1:12

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

-John 16:33

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer."

-Romans 12:12

And there are so many more. Here's a link to the website I found these on:

http://www.openbible.info/topics/trials_and_tribulations

I hope that they help you out when you are in need of some reassurance. I also have a poll on the side about whether or not I should make an "About Me" post. Just let me know if you all think that's a good idea or not. 


Also- if you are in need of prayer requests...please send them in to me! I'm always looking for new things to pray about. You can submit them through the "Contact Me" on the right hand side of the page.



Remember that God is good. Always,
Marissa Mayer
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment