Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Being Helpful

Good evening everyone! Hope you're all doing well...it's a little rainy and dreary here.

Just something I'd like to clarify for you right away: After my last post, somebody commented the full message I had received and started saying things I did not appreciate. I know that there was a viewer who believed everything they had just read in that comment over everything I have been writing the past 4 months. They suddenly believed that I was everything that message had made me out to be. But I'd like to be clear with you...you cannot believe everything you hear/read. Sure, there are times when I am self-centered. Everyone has that sometimes- we are sinful beings! But at the core of my being, I really believe that I am better than that. I am trying my best to fight this battle...really, I am. I still am open to listening to each and every one of you who need it and I hope you all remember that.

I have come to realize that I have some amazing people in my life. Examples include a lot of my teachers, including my band director who is basically my "life coach" and has helped me with everything from issues at home to boy problems. Also my best friend, Megan, for being my sunshine on rainy days (like today as she is sitting with me right now)! I have so many helpful people in my life and I haven't taken a lot of time to thank them. So to everyone who reads this blog, thank you for supporting me and helping me. God has certainly placed you in my life for a reason and I don't know where I would be without each and every one of you.

I also want to be as helpful as possible for all of you as you go through your own rough times. And if you have any suggestions on how I can help you, please send me a message! I'd love to hear some ideas. Also, feel free to send me any prayer requests you guys have.

Remember to be helpful to somebody today- you can make a difference!
Marissa Mayer

1 comment:

  1. It truly is nice to sit back a reflect on all the things you are thankful for. When I am feeling down, I often do this and it brightens my spirits. I believe it is your state of mind that can ultimately determine if you have a good or bad day. Lately I've been personally trying to counteract negative thoughts with three things I`m thankful for. It helps!

    Roland @ Paul Casey

    ReplyDelete