Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thankful

This week I only had 2 and a half days of school which was pretty great. It will be nice to relax and get away from school (and rest my sore muscles a bit). I did some thinking today about this time of year- Thanksgiving and what it means. I'd love to say that I'm incredibly thankful all the time.

But I can't write this post without being completely honest.

I thought about this past year and everything that's happened. I wonder if I could have changed things. Made the outcome better than it was. What if I hadn't discovered the message that would change our family forever? Would I be happier? Would we all still be living under the same roof? The "what if's" killed me.

Not going to lie, I got off track for a day or two. But on Tuesday, my school had a really great chapel message. I went into some even deeper thought and came to this conclusion.

God has His own divine plan for our lives. Better than the one's we create for ourselves. I know that many people in today's society believe that "everything happens for a reason." And to an extent that is true. However, it should say something a little more along the lines of: "everything happens because it's a part of God's plan to further benefit His kingdom...so hold tight to His Word, pray constantly, and stay strong in your faith because He is the light at the end of this dark tunnel."

I am not directly thankful to this divorce, my depression, my suffering grades or anxiety. But in the long run, I am thankful that God is using these things to shape me into a better Christian. A stronger one. I can rejoice knowing that through the roughest times in my life, I am becoming a better witness for Him.

His ways are mysterious, but they work for our good. It can be hard to follow sometimes, but take heart and know that He is God! He will provide you with His strength and give you His peace because He loves you!

Despite our battles, we certainly have something to be thankful for. The love of Jesus Christ.

Depressed but (thankful and) blessed,
Marissa Mayer

2 comments:

  1. You are SO right! Hang in there. Trust the Lord. He is not going to leave you nor forsake you. He has had a plan for you since the VERY beginning. He loves you and He wants the very best for you. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete