Monday, December 28, 2015

Friendliness Is Key

Hey everyone...I had something I wanted to blog about last night, but I saved it for today. So here goes:

I got a text from somebody I know and he seemed upset and told me he has no friends. So I did some thinking.

We have 24 hours in a day. This comes out to 86,400 seconds a day. And how long does it take you to smile at someone? Certainly not very long. And sometimes, that's all it takes to make somebody's day. Or how long does it take to shoot someone a text and ask them how they're doing? For people who are on their phones a lot (this definitely includes me), this should be incredibly easy! 

So why don't we do it? In all honesty, I'm not sure. Maybe it's because we are sinful, selfish beings. But let me tell you, there have been days for me that have been made better by a simple smile, text, or comment. It's so simple, and I think it's something we should all do more often- just be friendly!

On the flip side, why should we do it? That answer is obvious. Because Jesus Christ served as not only our Savior, but our forever friend. It's through His death on the cross that we essentially have "BFF" necklaces around our necks. When we feel "friendless", know that He is our best friend. Who loved us enough to die for us. He is always willing to listen when we need somebody. He's just a prayer away. Isn't that amazing?

John 15:15 reads, "No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you."

So here's the challenge. Smile at 5 people you see a day...or more (even better!) Or compliment 5 people. Tell them you like something they're wearing, or tell them they did good on their presentation in class (and mean it!)

It's so simple...so lets start it. Make somebody's day today. Ready, and go!

Even a smile in it's simplicity is sweet,
Marissa Mayer

2 comments:

  1. Thank you marissa for your beautiful message!!!!!♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! Love writing for you!

      Delete