Thursday, December 10, 2015

Take Your Time

Good evening! Got lots on my mind to share tonight...

I was on my way home from school tonight (after dance practice) and the road I take from school to home is a pretty busy highway. The speed limit is 65 mph but I always go a little bit over. Tonight it was rainy and there were plenty of cars on the road, so instead of going my usual 72, I slowed it down a bit. But then a truck came up behind me going much faster, he rode my tail and my driving anxiety kicked in. Finally, he passed me and then shortly down the road he began swerving in between cars, barely using his directional. It made me nervous, and I began to think about how often there are bad drivers on the roads. The ones who have to pass every single car on the road because they're in such a hurry.

Why are we all in such a hurry anyways? Sometimes it's because we are running late to school, an appointment, or work. But let's talk about figuratively "being in a hurry."

I know that when I was little, I was in a hurry to grow up. To ride my bike without training wheels, lose my first tooth and go to my first day of kindergarten. Later on, as I grew up, I still wished to "hurry up" with growing up. Get my first job, first boyfriend, my license, and even now I can't wait to go to college, get married and start a life of my own. But when you think about it, life goes by fast enough. Our lifetime is only a mere speck in the timeline of eternity. So why rush it?

I've learned that by slowing things down and taking my time, I can be more appreciative of the little things. Don't take life for granted, and at least try to make the best of things.

However, I also understand that this life can be extremely hard, and I think it's perfectly okay to take a day to yourself when you need it. On Sunday, all I wanted to do was lay in bed and be alone; my depression just captured me for the day. You also need to accommodate to your depression/anxiety. I just had to do this the other day in English class. I was about to take a test and my anxiety level was extremely high. I didn't think I'd be able to last the entire test in a room full of my classmates and a ticking clock on the wall. I spoke with my teacher before we began and she was quick to let me take the test in a room by myself. I know it can be embarrassing to have everyone watch you do your own thing like that sometimes, but most people are quite understanding. In my life, my teachers are all very caring. They all understand my condition and are willing to work with me when I need it. A few of them even offered to be someone to talk to if I need it.

So don't be afraid to take a break once in awhile or adjust some things to ease your anxiety; there's always gonna be those days where your depression can defeat you. Just remember that in the end, Christ has defeated it for you! Wait for the day that you no longer have to wipe your tears or let your anxiety control you. Life with Him in heaven is near, so take your time be patient.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God." -Philippians 4:6


Cast your anxieties upon the Lord and He will give you His peace,
Marissa Mayer
xoxo

P.S. We will be up to 6k views by the end of the night! Thank you, thank you, thank YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment