Saturday, December 26, 2015

Unwrapping His Love

Merry Christmas to all my lovely blog viewers out there! Sorry it's late...I hope you had a wonderful time spent with family and friends today!

So I did some thinking today and it led to what I want to write about tonight (or this morning, whatever)...so here goes (enjoy!)

A lot of kids opened hundreds of dollars worth of toys this morning. Some opened iPhones and Beats (I just bought myself some actually) and puppies and Playstations and Legos and the list goes on and on. But you wanna know something? It's all worthless. It means nothing in the end.

While it might be exciting to get all the stuff on your wishlist, (mine: Keurig...check!) we really need to hold fast to what's truly important. The greatest gift in history.

Jesus Christ. He was the best gift I received today. Today, and every other day. He never fails to wrap me in His love when I'm feeling down. I've prayed for His love so many times when I'm feeling bad. And He always comes through. I can feel His love being wrapped around me when I need it and it's truly beautiful to know that I have a God who can do that. Not only can He surround me in His love, God continues to show me miracles. Each and every day. Not necessarily changing water into wine (tried some of that this weekend...not my favorite!), but just the little things that I need to remember...

He remembered to wake me up this morning. Made sure that I drove safely, and that everyone drove safely around me. He made sure I ate. He made sure I had a smile on my face. He made sure I kept breathing and that my heart kept pumping. Isn't that beautiful?

But the best gift He ever gave me was His own life. He sacrificed Himself on the cross, just so I could live in eternity with Him. And on those super crappy days where it seems like there is no more oxygen for you to breathe, and the sun doesn't wanna shine, and the tears fall instead, remember that you were given an amazing gift. And that with that gift, it's all gonna be alright.

Remember that every morning, the gift of His love is present,
Marissa Mayer
xoxo

P.S. Added some new pictures into the Photo Album :)




1 comment:

  1. This is exactly what Pastor Meador talked about in his Christmas Day sermon. Right on girl! You are also a gift, given to me by God. I want you to know that. I love you. Miss you lots!
    Mel :)

    ReplyDelete