Saturday, January 2, 2016

Always New

Happy New Year! Hope you all had a fun (and safe) time celebrating last night.

It's silly how we always try to make new resolutions and rules to follow when in reality, we break half of them like two days later anyways. It reminds me a lot of our sinning. We can think that we are going to try really hard to be perfect and not do anything wrong, but only seconds later we usually think or do something wrong anyways.

But hey, good news. You're always forgiven. Isn't that wonderful? And that's why I think it's important to forgive everyone around us too. Because Christ first forgave us. It just makes sense.

But every single morning is a new one. A new day in front of us. Just like a fresh canvas. And we can either make it beautiful or we can destroy. It all depends how you decide to make things. My goal for this year is to make a masterpiece out of the colors of paint I'm given. While 2015 was composed of the divorce, the discovery of my depression and more, I'm determined to make 2016 the best I can, and I know that this blog is a good way to help me out.

But what does Marissa have on her New Year's list of resolutions? Here's a little bit:

1) Attempt to eat healthier- we'll see how that goes
2) Stay a little bit more active- that means stretching on the "off" practice days
3) My best friend and I have our jars ready to fill with one good thing from each day
4) I wanna compliment people more...more smiles all around!
5) Do more Bible readings!
6) Take risks, make memories, and capture more pictures of those!

Thanks for sticking by my side thus far...can't wait to see what 2016 hold for us!

Starting off on the right foot,
Marissa Mayer

1 comment:

  1. This is great! Thanks for the reminder of a new day and to make it as beautiful as I can.
    See you in 2 days!
    Mel :)

    ReplyDelete