Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Sound of Beauty

Good afternoon! I'm currently sitting and watching the honors choir practice for our concert tonight...it's been a long day so far. I had morning dance practice at 6 and then I have honors band practice all day and the concert tonight. It's been a very tiring week for me. Lots of sore muscles!

But as I've been sitting here listening to the music, I can't help but express my love for it. Music has been my love since 4th grade. When people say the word "beautiful", I instantly think of music. Why? To some people it might just be a bunch of sounds, but to me it's art. Music paints a picture. It expresses feelings and tells stories better than words can sometimes. To me, there is nothing better than picking up my saxophone and playing. It's a feeling I can't describe. God has made me talented in music and for that, I am oh so grateful.

Every time I listen to performances, or perform myself, I fall in love with it all over again. And this is why I've come to the recent conclusion that I no longer want to go to medical school. As thrilling as it sounds, I don't think it's "me." It seems like a big time sucker and if I want a family, I'm not exactly sure how that would work. So I know. I know that I want to be a music teacher because music is my passion. It's what I live for. And I'm so glad I'm finally seeing all these blessings God has placed right before my eyes.


God is always so good to me,
Marissa Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment