Monday, February 1, 2016

His Presence and His Presents

Good evening to all my lovely viewers out there! Guess what...you made it through yet another Monday! Another day in and of itself...I'm so proud of all of you.

I have a lot on my mind tonight- lot's of things to write about. So let's go:

After my small anxiety attack during gym class the other day, I haven't been the same as before. I'm a little bit more on edge, and a whole lot more emotional. I get teary at the silliest things...like losing my phone charger and getting up for school. Crazy, I know! I'm blaming it on lack of sleep and hormones. Maybe even the possible mood disorder.

But it's frustrating. Although my day started out with a 6 AM dance practice, I thought the rest of my day went fairly well. I got to spend a little time with my cousin after school and it really brought a smile to my face. But then I got home and I had homework to do with little to no motivation at all. So here I am, blogging and ready to just go to sleep. Why? Because I feel like sleeping feels better than facing the life in front of me. The stress and anxiety of my everyday life.

But today in my Christian Leadership class we talked about crises (plural of crisis). In our county there has been a lot of tragedies lately, including car accidents and house fires killing children and a teenager. During these rough times it is easy to wonder where God is. But He is omnipresent. Present everywhere and at all times. As I sit here writing, I feel like crying. The devil likes to get me in his grasp whenever possible, and right now I'm trying to find the strength to pray. But He is present and I although I hurt, I am aware that He is near.

You might be wondering, how can you write this blog when you can't even help yourself? And that's what I'm trying to answer for myself. For some reason, I find it easier to help others, and love them, rather than myself. However, I try each and every day to do both. And I firmly believe that by helping you all, I am reassuring my own faith. It's all a part of being in the family of Christ I suppose.

What I want you to take away from this somewhat confusing post is that God is always present and always giving us "presents." Look around you...has He not given you a bed to sleep in, food to satisfy you, and love to surround you? Our God certainly is so good. I know for certain that all of you have certainly been a "present" to me. Watching the number of views go up each week always makes my heart happy knowing that I could be touching lives across the globe.

Please take the poll on the side! Also, if you have any post suggestions or feedback please email me at marissa.mayer17@gmail.com

Thankful for His presence and His presents,
Marissa Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment