Saturday, February 27, 2016

Thankful For Success

Good afternoon everyone! Hope you're having a fabulous Saturday...just thought I'd take some time to let you know what's been on my mind.

This morning I had solo and ensemble which, to those of you who do not know, it's essentially a music festival. I played a Class A solo on my alto sax and I was quite nervous. I'm sure most of you know what it's like to feel nervous about something whether it be a game or performance of some sort. My hands were sweaty, my heart was racing and I knew there was only one thing left to do...

Pray.

I prayed that God would calm my fears. I thanked him for my talents, which He has so abundantly blessed me with. I hoped that He would use me to show the judge my passion for music, and how I play for His glory. I felt a sense of peace given to me, and I knew it was the answer to my prayer.

Before I knew it, it was my turn. I introduced myself and began the piece. Thankfully, it all went over quite well from my perspective. The judge was quite critical of my performance and I felt a little torn down at first. However, later I received a text from my director telling me that I'm going to state.

Now let's imagine that my story ends here. I am thrilled about going to state and that's all. It might seem like a good ending but, there's something else I had to do.

I had to thank God for providing this success. It was only through His work that I had come this far, and only through His divine goodness that I was able to perform so well. Without thanking Him, I would have been selfish to claim my success for myself.

I think this can be true for many times in our lives. We are quick to ask favors from God but forget to thank Him when we are showered in His many blessings. It's extremely important to remember that without God, we are completely helpless. However, through Jesus Christ's death on the cross we can find the ultimate success...and that's eternal life with Him in Heaven!

I hope you have a great rest of the weekend! Remember to thank God for all those wonderful successes!

God, you have been oh so good to me,
Marissa Mayer

1 comment:

  1. I had the same experience on Saturday as well. The peace that came after that prayer, though was amazing! Congrats Love!

    ReplyDelete