Thursday, March 10, 2016

Psalm 30:5b

Good evening everyone! Hope you had a good day.

I had an extremely rough night last night. I came home feeling upset about nothing in particular. Just lonely. The darkness ate away at me. I'm not sure how everything happened, but I ended up laying on the floor in my closet for awhile and then shifted to my bed. I laid there sobbing. I knew I had to do homework and take a shower but I couldn't. I wanted nothing more than to feel better. Prayer seemed to difficult and I was slipping deeper and deeper. My mom came in and told me to move. It hurt when I tried. I somehow dragged myself into the shower. For awhile I sat in the shower, just letting my tears go down the drain with the water. I hugged my knees and closed my eyes real tight. There was no escaping. My head hurt almost as badly as my heart.

When I got into bed things got worse. I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned and instead of saying a deep prayer, I just kept on saying "help", hoping God could hear me. My mom heard me and asked if I needed to go to the hospital. Now, I know what that would mean. A full week of being drugged up and piling up schoolwork. Neither of which I wanted. I said no and eventually drifted off to sleep.

Despite my terrible night, I woke up feeling a little bit better. Mom let me stay home for the morning to catch up on sleep and I made it to school just in time for band (most important class of the day). It made me think of Psalm 30:5b...you can read it below in this beautiful picture that my friend Andrew wrote out for me.

So most importantly, although I cried for a majority of the night, God always manages to wake me up feeling a little better than the night before. And so my prayer for you all, is that you can all go to sleep tonight, knowing that tomorrow is a new day.

He will always wipe your tears and prepare you for tomorrow,
Marissa Mayer

P.S. Up to 8.9k views! Keep on sharing. Also, please take the poll on the side! Thanks :)


No comments:

Post a Comment