Friday, April 8, 2016

Happy Ten Thousand!

Good afternoon all! Good news...it's Friday! Okay I have quite a few things to say so let's go...

This post marks 100 published posts. I know my last post said that, but I had deleted one. Not only is this post #100, but by the time I publish this, I will have reached 10k views. TEN THOUSAND. And that leads me to the main point of this post...

I know I struggled with seeing the benefits of me writing this blog. I get little feedback...which can be super duper frustrating. But, I've had a handful of people tell me that they read it and love it. I realized that I just wanted to know for certain that I was changing lives with the words I write. But after talking to somebody, doing some inner searching, and a lot of prayer, I realized that I don't need to know for sure. This blog is a part of God's plan for me...I can feel it. And His plan is mysterious...I have to rely on Him. I have to trust that He is working through me. Although I can't see much right now, I have to place my faith in the fact that He is God, and that I'm working to help bring others to Him.

I don't need people praising me for what I do. And I think the sinful part of me wanted to a little bit of that. But through some praying, I've found that I just need to rest firm in my faith. The pageviews are jumping and I know that there's people reading this. So I apologize, for not writing. I knew the time for me to question my blog would come, and I'm glad I found a clear answer. Keep writing.

I've also got some big plans for myself as the author of this blog. I've registered myself to join a group for Mental Health America in my county. I'm also attending two awareness workshops this month to learn some stuff and promote my blog. And for some bigger news, I ordered myself a shirt today with the blog logo on it. I'm beyond thrilled to get it. Of course, I'll post pictures when it arrives. Oh, and I received my temporary semi-colon tattoo in the mail from Project Semicolon. Remember that April 16th is the day for that...so mark your calendars!



Thank you all for the endless support. Here's to 100 posts, 10 thousand views, and endless faith in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

In His eternal love,
Marissa Mayer

P.S. Remember to LIKE Depressed But Blessed on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment