Monday, April 11, 2016

The View From The Top

Good afternoon all! Hope you're doing well!

First off, just a little update on me. I started not feeling well yesterday morning after church. I did my homework when suddenly my stomach started bothering me. And before you knew it, I couldn't keep any food down. I had the flu. I felt pretty miserable because I knew I needed something in my system and I felt pretty dehydrated. I didn't go to school today of course, and after a good night's sleep I'm feeling a lot better now!

But anyways, I felt a little tired a few hours ago so I was getting ready to take a nap. I put on some classical music and was trying to fall asleep and a lot of thoughts/memories came to my mind. The sunshine streamed in my room a little onto the opposite wall and despite the "post-flu feeling" I had, I suddenly realized that I felt good. Genuinely good.

I remember writing a few weeks ago about getting ready to climb to the top of this mountain and conquer this round of depression. And I'm happy to announce that today, I realized I did it. I remember slowly sliding down the mountain after Christmas. I sat at the bottom for what felt like an eternity. For those of you who have depression, I'm sure you can relate. The bottom of the valley is dark. It's cold, there is no light. It's full of endless tears, frustration, and a huge lack of motivation. You become blind to the support around you and feel too weak to want to climb back up.

I think the reason I didn't want to try the climb was because I know it's hard. It's long, and sometimes you can fall right back down. What finally did it for me was the help of a friend. He convinced me that I had to try. If not for myself, for him, because he hates seeing me that way. So, I did my own research. Started some changes. Taking the herbal pill helped a lot in the beginning. Since I started feeling sick, I've stopped taking it unless I start feeling a little down. I'm proud to say I haven't needed it in about two weeks. This friend that I have has continued to play a major role in making every one of my days better. I wake up to a good morning text to start my day and always have him to fall back on when I need to. With good support and prayer, I'm telling you...you can make the climb to. And if you're looking for that support, know that sometimes it might not be who you expect. And if you need me to be that support, I would be more than willing to help. 

Today, I felt as though I set foot on the peak of my mountain. I am happier than I thought I could be from the bottom. The view from up here is amazing. I can see my hard work below me, and God standing beside me, still holding my hand like He did all the way to the top. I can see the simplistic beauty of life, and the people that love and support me. I have never been this excited for myself. And for now, I'm not even worried about the next round. Because I did it...with God and some good support.

Thank you for the ten thousand views. I can only pray God's using me to change lives...one post at a time.

Start your climb today...if I can do it, so can you!
Marissa Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment