Monday, May 2, 2016

Doing What's Best For Me

Happy Monday!

Okay, so I'm sitting at Culver's (yes, I'm here often, I am fully aware). I had a sweet little date with a friend (got my nails done for prom...eek)! But my mom wasn't home so I decided to treat myself to dinner. Plus, I study a lot better when I am not at home (Netflix is a huge distraction). 

Thankfully, my friends at Culver's don't mind me coming in to get some homework done and eat dinner alone. And you know what? It feels great. A friend of mine was being ridiculous and arguing with me and was disrespectful. So, of course, being the soft-hearted person that I am, I was naturally upset. But going on this "Marissa date" really brought me back up (my dad and brother actually showed up here too...).

What I'm trying to say is, sometimes you gotta do what makes you feel good. While I could have continued to argue and get hurt by somebody, I chose to help myself. And really, that's okay. It can do you a lot of good in the long run. 

So tonight, if you're facing a rough time, I want you to do something for you. Take a bath, go on a walk, read a good book, start a new show on Netflix, bake...the list goes on and on. Another great suggestion is to read God's Word. It's full of wonderful things to cheer you up! If you need help, check out my Psalms Project tab. Or, contact me, and I'd be more than happy to chat and give you some uplifting verses!

When life gets rough, it's important to put you first. And sometimes, stress can bring a very physical impact with it. So as a little note of encouragement: keep on smiling, trying your best, and don't be afraid to have a little date by yourself.

Doing what's best for me,
Marissa Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment