Thursday, June 16, 2016

6.16.16

Good morning!

While I don't really have much to say today, I just thought I'd take a minute to let you know that you're all on my mind and in my prayers.

And as it turns out, the bad day I had was only for the day. I woke up the next morning determined to fight it, but I really didn't have to. I put a smile on my face and had a good day.

As a follow up from my last post, I think you should all know that I tried something new. I felt really down later in the evening (probably 10 or 11 at night) and I didn't know who to talk to. I know that I have a ton of people who care about me and are always willing to listen, but as many of you probably can relate to, anxiety prevents me from doing so a lot. I had once called the suicide hotline, not because I was going to attempt, but because I thought it would be helpful to talk to someone. But, talking on the phone can also be slightly difficult for me (anxiety). So, I tried Crisis Textline. It proved to be extremely helpful. I was able to talk to somebody who knew what they were doing and they helped me come up with some ideas to make me feel better.

I strongly encourage you to try Crisis Textline next time you might need some help. I have their number (741-741) stored in my phone now. They are available 24/7 and I hope that they can be as helpful to you as they were to me. It was a neat experience, and now my goal is to be a volunteer for them when I turn 18.

And of course, I am always here for all of you. I can be contacted using the "Contact Me" forum on the right otherwise on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook...you can pretty much always get a hold of me.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers...I am so happy to be feeling better. I hope you all have a wonderful day, and I'll hopefully be posting again next week (I'm going camping this weekend).

Thank you God, for letting the storm pass,
Marissa Mayer 

No comments:

Post a Comment