Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Chasing The Faith

Good evening all...so I just started back at school (senior year...say what?!) and things are gonna get busy real quick. However, I thought I'd write tonight since I've got a few ideas.

I didn't realize just how much I had pushed my faith to the side this summer until I walked back into the doors of Lutheran High. The classes began with prayers and devotions and it felt good to be surrounded with both familiar and new teachers and classmates. Being back at school with fellow believers was refreshing.

While it was easy to slip away from the daily routine of prayer this summer, I've come to the conclusion that I wanna "jump back in". I see tons of people living their lives as strong Christians, and I've never seen anybody as happy as they are. That's what I want. I want people to ask what makes me so happy, and I want to be able to firmly respond with "Jesus!"

I want to feel God work in my heart. To feel Him strengthen my faith and allow me to share that with others. I've had so many problems with keeping the right people in my life and getting rid of the wrong ones. So I'm going to keep chasing after my faith, harder than ever, and if they can keep up, then I guess those are the supportive people that will help me grow in my faith. The people that truly deserve a spot in my life. Really, I want healthy relationships with those around me. Less negativity. I don't want to slip back into the depression that usually comes with gloomier weather. I don't want to survive...I want to thrive. 

The other morning, I was incredibly anxious about my first day of school. I thought it was silly; I've been going to the same school for 3 years! However, I was restless. But for the first time in a long time, I found myself back in God's Word. All on my own. I wrote down some verses from Matthew about how we needn't worry about the future because God cares for us. It was comforting and my heart found peace.

Like I've said before, I don't always look to God when I should. But now, I'm ready. I can't wait to keep seeing these blessings, and for my faith to grow. God is good at all times.

Here's to a good school year and an even better faith,
Marissa Mayer

P.S. If you're interested in diving a little deeper in your faith, join me! I'll hopefully be tweeting some bible verses. Follow me @depressbless on Twitter! Love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment