Monday, August 29, 2016

When The World Shifts

Good afternoon everyone! Today I was met by a blog reader in the hallway at school and she was wondering when I would post next. Thought it was a good reminder to write today! Got some good thoughts to share...

I recently received some bad news about a loved one with cancer. When I first received the news, my heart fell to the pit of my stomach. I sobbed in my car and when I got home, I fell to my bed and prayed out loud.

I'm sure we can all relate to a time when things took a turn for the worst. For me, the most significant was my parents' divorce. As an adopted child, I had to watch another family fall apart. Earlier, I had lost my grandmother to lung cancer. Things throughout life hadn't always seemed to be going the way I wanted them.

Let's even take a step back and look at slightly less drastic circumstances. Maybe you didn't make a sports team, or failed a big test you had studied endlessly for. Perhaps you didn't get into your dream college, or your boyfriend broke his promise of "loving you forever".

It's the change of schedule, the sudden "shift" in life that messes with us, habitual beings. Despite this, where do we turn? The answer: Jesus.

While praying, I remembered this: God is good at all times...despite any circumstances. I know I say it to you a lot, and I think that's why it came to mind. Jesus is my Savior...He died on the cross for my sins, so why would He leave me now? He's brought me so far...given me the strength to continue when I didn't think I could. God is love. He is our source of comfort, and our Shepherd who will provide for us for eternally.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 8:38-39

When the world is shaken, His love holds firm,
Marissa Mayer

2 comments:

  1. Very well said Marissa. Thank you for reminding us all that GOD IS GOOD ALWAYS! He never leaves us and will always see us through each and every situation we are faced with. Take Care Hun and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete