Monday, October 31, 2016

Dominating Depression (At Least for Today)

Happy Monday all! So the past day or two have been really great for me and I'm excited to tell you all about it (as I was editing, I realized that I truly included all details of my day, so bear with me).

My weekend started off pretty crappy when I left school on Friday with a fever. The afternoon had been filled with an ongoing anxiety attack, then followed by the wonderful symptoms of a fever. The chills, aching muscles, and swollen lymph nodes were more than enough to keep me from working that night. Unfortunately, I knew it wouldn't be good to call in on Saturday, so I offered to come in and try my best. With some ibuprofen and lots of hydrating, I made it through my eight hour shift fairly well.

On Sunday, I had the opportunity to worship with the band and choir at our local Reformation Rally. Let me tell you, nothing sounds better than an auditorium full of Christians singing A Mighty Fortress. It's moments like those where I can't help but feel wonderfully overwhelmed by the power of the Christian Church. We performed (the band) decently, however, the experience in and of itself was more than fulfilling.

For the rest of the afternoon, I hung out with a friend and had some good laughs. Most importantly, I accomplished a ton of stuff last night. I chose sources for an English presentation, completed a college application, adjusted an essay, sent out some emails regarding letters of recommendation, and studied for my A.P. U.S. History test. As you can tell, I'm pretty proud considering I never study, and when I do, it doesn't help (if you're wondering why, it's because of endless distractions...hopefully this fixes itself in the college atmosphere).

Today continued to push forward in a positive direction. I came to school with a good attitude (well, maybe A.P. Calculus was a little challenging), but I continued to press on and let nothing get in my way. I knew I had an Anatomy & Physiology quiz later (which I didn't study for), but I didn't let it worry me. In my Theology class we talked about the wonderful use of prayer and why we continue to pray despite God's all knowing personality.

I was well challenged in Music Theory and was able to practice a beautiful section of music during band. Days like today really reassure me that music education is what I have a passion to do. After lunch I worked on my English project and was able to do some quick reviewing before my Anatomy & Physiology quiz. After grading our peers quizzes, I got mine back and saw that I had gotten 100% (what a pleasant surprise).

I also had some time before A.P. U.S. History, so I reviewed my essay outline, and ran through some quizzes before taking the test. With ease I flew through the multiple choice, and by the time I got to the essay, I was quite pleased with how well I was doing. By the end of the test, I could confidently say that I thought I did great. I'll be sure to let you guys know how I did :)

While this might seem like a post with bragging rights, I'd like to remind you of the earlier Marissa. The one who refused to study, who had little motivation, and could barely come to class. Well, today I dominated my school stuff. I have the night off of work (so I can catch up on my Calculus...yay) and today was just one of those days where I'm proud of where I'm currently standing.

My mind has been filled with positive thoughts and notes of self-encouragement. While there's been a few negative things poking at me, I refuse to let them get in my way. I feel like I have a great sense of strength and self-love today, and that's something I haven't seen in forever.

While I can't promise the rest of the day (or week), will go as well, I'll keep praying that I am able to persevere through anything that comes my way. Honestly, I'm feeling really good today, and I hope that this finds you all feeling the same. If not, feel free to contact me as I'd be more than happy to send you some encouragement.

So much love. All around. Prayers

I'm on top of the world,
Marissa Mayer

P.S. As I finished writing this post, my Calc teacher approached me and showed me my Calc quiz that I GOT 100% ON! So I guess today just got even a little better :) 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting 100 on your test marissa proud of you!From:Austyn Niesing

    ReplyDelete